Gartner Magic Quadrant: What is the importance for PAM solutions?
Gartner is an organization dedicated to giving consultancy to companies that need to hire some type of cutting-edge technology to meet their needs.
For its consultancy to choose a good solution assertively, the institution periodically generates a report called Gartner Magic Quadrant, in which the main solutions for each technological area are categorized. With this rating, Gartner presents a complete report with the strengths and weaknesses of each technology.
Magic Quadrant Categories
Several criteria dictate the place of each company, but Gartner conducts the research, requests some reports from vendors and categorizes through the Gartner Magic Quadrant into 4 types: Niche Players, Visionaries, Challengers, and Leaders, which mean:
- Niche Players: Vendors that focus on a particular pain are in this category. These vendors are good at performing a certain task, so their solutions are limited in certain aspects and very advanced in specific tasks.
- Visionaries: Vendors in this category have a good development, but have not reached the technology of the companies from the Challengers and Leaders categories yet, however, they have great potential in the market.
- Challengers: Those with a great capacity for delivery and execution, however, they do not have the authority to dictate the rules and the pace of growth in the industry yet.
- Leaders: Companies that have broader and more advanced technologies are in this category, they are the ones which dictate the rules and the pace of growth in their industry.
How important is the Gartner Magic Quadrant?
As mentioned, Gartner is an institution that indicates the best technologies in its consulting services, so the better a solution is placed in its reports, the greater the chances of it being recommended.
Because of this, companies constantly invest in the development of their solutions, significantly increasing the quality and speed of growth of their market.
Check Out: How important is Gartner to the cybersecurity universe?
senhasegura in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
senhasegura has participated in the last two Gartner Magic Quadrant in the field of PAM solutions (Privileged Access Management).
In 2018, the senhasegura solution was in the Visionaries category, and in 2020, it was included in the Challengers category, receiving recognition for all the work it has done.
According to Gartner, senhasegura stands out in aspects such as:
- Main PAM solution brand from América Latina.
- Very efficient RDP proxy function.
- Great performance for session management.
- Advanced account discovery and mapping resources.
In addition to the recognition of its great progress in the area of DevOps and the analytical resources in its PAM solution.
Gartner has a survey on its website for clients to give their opinion on the contracted solution, called Gartner’s Peer Insights.
In this survey, 97% of participants would recommend the senhasegura solution, which received a rating of 4.8 stars out of 5.
What reinforces one of senhasegura’s main advantages is the support and service close to the client even after the purchase.